Current Job Openings:
Job Title: Program & Mission Manager
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Hours: 40 hours per week (Additional hours and potential overtime in November & December—extended time off in November & December is not permitted)
Schedule: Weekday hours TBD between 8:00am-5:30pm, plus occasional evenings and weekends as required.
Is responsible for ensuring the delivery of exceptional program, mission, and client services to the diverse populations served by the Sunshine Division. The ideal candidate will be fluent in English and Spanish and have a passion for working with and serving individuals and families who are seeking assistance from the Sunshine Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following below, and other duties as assigned.
Program & Mission Management
- Manage Sunshine Division Client Services staff and volunteers (with support of volunteer coordinator) to execute the day-to-day mission of the organization to provide free emergency food and clothing. Includes the oversight of Sunshine’s food pantry which is open six days a week and serves over 1,200 households a month as well as our on-site clothing resource room.
- Manage and maintain Izzy’s Kids school clothes shopping program. Be primary point of contact for Portland Police Officers that access the program to support school age children with a one-on-one clothing shopping experience.
- Oversee the daily client services statistical database ensuring quality record keeping and tracking of client information. Author monthly reports with regard to demographics and quantities of households served by the organization.
- Oversee (with the logistical support of warehouse and operational staff members) all mission related duties that occur on-site. Oversee the program management and implementation/distribution of all special food box initiatives including; Veteran’s, Summer, Thanksgiving, and Holiday.
- Oversee the client registration process and data entry for all food box signups.
- Ensure that all Portland Police Precincts are regularly stocked with emergency food boxes and Officer referral cards.
- Be the main point of contact and proactively obtain client stories to share in Sunshine Division communications with the Director of Development & Communications.
- Oversee the Agency Referral program that includes recruiting and maintaining existing relationships with partnering agencies. Educate local non-profits about the organization enabling them to refer their clients to the Sunshine Division.
- Responsible for outreach and education with partners such as the Portland Police Bureau, local law enforcement, schools, and social service agencies.
- Other duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibilities with junior staff members and volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles and cultures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
The ideal candidate for this position will be bilingual, speaking English and Spanish fluently. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information and download forms.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry our instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS—N/A
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; frequently climb stairs, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to extreme cold in Winter month’s. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply for the position by emailing your resume’ and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.