Current Job Openings:
Job Title: Client Services Assistant
Reports To: Program & Mission Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Hours: Approximately 38 hours per week: Tuesday through Saturday. Additional hours and potential overtime in November and December.
Extended time off in November and December is not permitted.
Schedule: To be set by Program & Mission Manager
Pay: $12.75 per hour
The Client Services Assistant is a direct link to the community to assist individuals as they access the Sunshine Division’s no-cost food and clothing resources at our N. Thompson location and our new Eastside location which will open this fall. This position is responsible for prompt, excellent customer service to our clients, volunteers, and inside and outside vendors; efficient use of resources for all programs. In this role you would work with and interact with families and individuals to execute the Sunshine Division mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist clients in person and over the phone.
- Assist Client Services & Data Coordinator with tracking of clients, projects, & data entry. Produces a monthly recap from client services database.
- Assist Program & Mission Manager with outreach projects & data entry.
- Assist clients in the food pantry by explaining services and tracking outgoing weight of food and clothing.
- Manages intake of new and existing clients. Uses client database properly track and issue services to families and individuals.
- Provide resource referrals as appropriate.
- Work with Warehouse Manager making sure appropriate food is available and stocked appropriately in pantry.
- Daily work with client services staff to set food limits in food pantry and if needed relay this information to volunteers.
- Assist with projects related to operations such as: client demographic tracking, stocking food, stocking clothing store, managing pantry appearance, working with and managing regular volunteers.
- Oversee opening and closing procedure for food pantry and clothing store on a daily basis.
- Provide assistance in warehouse when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has no staff supervisory responsibilities; it does oversee a wide array of volunteers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a High school diploma, college degree is preferred. One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Foreign language proficiency is not required but is preferred.
Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information and download forms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly climb stairs, lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter outlining your non-profit and/or customer service experience and state why you would be a great fit to work in client services to help deliver the Sunshine Division mission to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open immediately.