Current Job Openings:
Job Title: Warehouse Assistant/Driver
Position: Part – time
Reports To: Operations Supervisor
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Hours: Approximately 20 to 25 hours per week through October. 35 – 40 through November, December and part of January—(extended time off in November & December is not permitted)
Schedule: TBD, Mon.—Fri. 7:30am to 4:00pm;
Compensation: $12.50 to $13.00/hour
Responsibilities include the regular delivery, distribution, pick-up, loading/unloading, and storage of donated groceries from vendor contributors, donations from other charitable organizations, donations of clothing/household items from individuals and delivery/pickup of Sunshine Division food collection barrels. Assists in the maintenance, organization and upkeep of the agency.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by management staff.
- Drive 24’ truck, box truck and van throughout the metropolitan area for various pick-ups and deliveries
- Operate warehouse equipment including; forklift, pallet jack, hand truck, bailer, box stapler
- Maintain proper food supplies for Client Services use
- Conduct routine maintenance throughout the buildings and parking lots
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide office assistance as needed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES — This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug test.
- Thorough understanding of Portland area streets.
- Sensitivity and ability to relate to people from diverse lifestyles and cultures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE – Previous experience driving large trucks up to 24’.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current and valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; frequently climb stairs, sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will move up to 50 pounds several time each day and occasionally maneuver/or move up to 200 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with resume’.
Job Title: Client Services Assistant
Reports to: Program & Mission Manager
The Sunshine Division is one of the oldest social service agencies in Portland, having provided free emergency food and clothing since 1923. We’ve recently expanded and are hiring a client service assistant to help us better deliver our services to the public we serve with free emergency food and clothing.
If you have a passion for our mission and are skilled at working directly with the public we encourage you to apply. The Client Services Assistant is a full time position, includes employer paid health insurance, dental, 401K match, generous PTO, life insurance, free parking, and a rewarding work atmosphere!
TO APPLY: Email a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com including the following:
1. Your salary requirements
2. Stating why you would be a great fit to work in client services to help deliver the Sunshine Division mission
3. Examples of your experience working with, providing customer service to, and/or communicating with diverse populations
Position is open immediately.
Summary of the position:
The Client Services Assistant is responsible for prompt, excellent customer service to our clients, volunteers, and inside and outside vendors; efficient use of resources for all programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist clients in person and over the phone.
• Assist Client Services & Data Coordinator with tracking of clients, projects, & data entry. Produces a monthly recap from client services database.
• Assist Program & Mission Manager with outreach projects & data entry.
• Assist clients in the food pantry by explaining services and tracking outgoing weight of food and clothing.
• Manages intake of new and existing clients. Uses client database properly track and issue services to families and individuals.
• Provide resource referrals as appropriate.
• Work with Warehouse Manager making sure appropriate food is available and stocked appropriately in pantry.
• Daily work with client services staff to set food limits in food pantry and if needed relay this information to volunteers.
• Assist with projects related to operations such as: client demographic tracking, stocking food, stocking clothing store, managing pantry appearance, working with and managing regular volunteers.
• Oversee opening and closing procedure for food pantry and clothing store on a daily basis.
• Provide assistance in warehouse when needed.
• Other duties as assigned. This position has no staff supervisory responsibilities but does manage and direct volunteers regularly.
Hours: Approximately 38 hours per week
Schedule: Tuesday through Saturday.
Additional hours and potential overtime in November and December.
Salary: $12.70-$13 per hour (DOE)