Current Job Openings:
Portland Police Bureau Sunshine Division (non-profit food & clothing relief agency) is hiring three positions:
- We are immediately seeking a “Part-time Warehouse Worker/Driver” 24 hours a week, includes a Saturday 8:30am-1:30pm shift. This position increases to 35-40 hours from November 1st-December 24th. Resumes 24 hours per work week the last week of December. This is an on-going position.
- We are hiring a “Seasonal Warehouse Worker/Driver” 35 hours a week, includes a Saturday shift. This position is from October 31st through December 24th. This is a temporary position.
- We are hiring a “Seasonal Warehouse Worker/Driver” 35 hours a week, may include a Saturday shift. This position is from November 19th through January 2nd, 2015. This is a temporary position.
Hours: Shifts are typically four days Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm with a Saturday shift from 8:30am-1:30pm. Applicants must be able to work Saturday.
Responsibilities include the regular delivery, distribution, pick-up, loading/unloading, and storage of donated groceries from vendor contributors, donations from other charitable organizations, donations of clothing/household items from individuals and delivery/pickup of Sunshine Division food collection barrels. Assist in the maintenance, organization, and upkeep of the agency. Assist in the stocking of a food pantry. Provide positive customer service to donors and clients of the organization. Assist clients in process of checking out of the food pantry area.
- Reliable attendance record
- Knowledge of the Portland area with experience driving a large van and/or box truck.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with clean driving record.
- No CDL required.
- Pass background check and drug test
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with a diverse population of donors and clients.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds
- Fork lift experience a plus
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- To apply: you must submit a complete application form, resume, and indicate which position(s) you are applying for. To obtain application form, send request to Robb@sunshinedivision.org, call 503-823-2308, or pick up at 687 N. Thompson, Portland, OR 97227. Applications can be mailed to the address above or emailed to: Robb@sunshinedivision.org. Resumes submitted without application form will not be considered.
To apply for any available positions, please fill out the following application: SunshineDivisionEmployment App.2014