Current Job Openings:
Portland Police Bureau Sunshine Division (non-profit food & clothing relief agency) is hiring three positions:
- We are hiring a “Volunteer & Development Coordinator” 25 hours a week with additional hours during the December holiday season and one week in late August. This is a permanent position.
- We are hiring a “Seasonal Warehouse Worker/Driver” 35 hours a week, includes a Saturday shift. This position is from October 31st through December 24th. This is a temporary position.
- We are hiring a “Seasonal Warehouse Worker/Driver” 35 hours a week, may include a Saturday shift. This position is from November 19th through January 2nd, 2015. This is a temporary position.
VOLUNTEER AND DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR:
Job Title: Volunteer & Development Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director and Development & Communications Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly: Non-Exempt
Schedule: 25 hours/Week (35-40 per week from Mid-November to end of Year): Varied work schedule to meet demands of the position; nights and weekends expected
The Volunteer & Development Coordinator is responsible for volunteer management and logistics support for events, social media support, and development & fundraising administrative duties as needed. The position will report directly to the Executive Director and the Development & Communications Manager.
- Schedule volunteer shifts for corporate groups, events, and regular warehouse needs
- Respond to a high volume of requests regarding volunteer opportunities at the Sunshine Division
- Recruit and cultivate new volunteers through corporate volunteer fairs, tabling outreach events, etc.
- Solicit and cultivate fundraising opportunities at outreach events and corporate tabling events
- Create awareness and build client base at community tabling and outreach events such as school nights, festivals, etc.
- Create an orientation process and materials to educate outreach and event volunteers
- Manage volunteer database and ConstantContact communications
- Work with event manager(s) on volunteer needs for events
- Provide on-site set up and orientation for all events including Sunshine Division signature fundraising events, 3rd party events and outreach events.
- Provide backup logistic and administrative support for events
- Provide updates on Facebook, Twitter and website regarding volunteerism, events, and fundraising opportunities
- Work with warehouse and office staff to ensure volunteers and setup needs are in place
Bilingual Spanish/English candidates preferred
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume’ to: email@example.com . Please include why you would be a good fit for the position and why you are seeking a part-time job.
Hours: Shifts are typically four days Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm with a Saturday shift from 8:30am-1:30pm. Applicants must be able to work Saturday.
Responsibilities include the regular delivery, distribution, pick-up, loading/unloading, and storage of donated groceries from vendor contributors, donations from other charitable organizations, donations of clothing/household items from individuals and delivery/pickup of Sunshine Division food collection barrels. Assist in the maintenance, organization, and upkeep of the agency. Assist in the stocking of a food pantry. Provide positive customer service to donors and clients of the organization. Assist clients in process of checking out of the food pantry area.
- Reliable attendance record
- Knowledge of the Portland area with experience driving a large van and/or box truck.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with clean driving record.
- No CDL required.
- Pass background check and drug test
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to work with a diverse population of donors and clients.
- Good attention to detail.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 pounds
- Fork lift experience a plus
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- To apply: you must submit a complete application form, resume, and indicate which position(s) you are applying for. To obtain application form, send request to Robb@sunshinedivision.org, call 503-823-2308, or pick up at 687 N. Thompson, Portland, OR 97227. Applications can be mailed to the address above or emailed to: Robb@sunshinedivision.org. Resumes submitted without application form will not be considered.
To apply for any available positions, please fill out the following application: SunshineDivisionEmployment App.2014